Everyday hundreds of gadgets are being introduced in the market with an intent of providing more and more facilities to the wearers. It’s been days since we saw any useful gadget being unveiled in the market. Suddenly, there it comes with all the fervor, a smart device which is going to make groundbreaking contributions in environmental sciences. It is basically one step ahead of an already present gadget which you might have heard of, The Fitbit. We are talking about Plume Lab’s recently introduced device which is known as Flow Tracker.
The Flow tracker is a handy device which is smart enough to track the environmental pollution around you. It calculates the level of environmental pollution and alerts you of the hazards prior to expose yourself out to these fatal germs. The type of hazards it tracks are as follows:
- Particulate Matter (PM2.5).
- Nitrogen Dioxide.
- Volatile Organic Compounds.
- It is a best device which can work both indoors and outdoors. Most importantly, the Plume Labs is trying to orchestrate an entire community whose every individual has the Flow Tracker. A suggestion which is being given to the Plume Labsâ€™ managers is to develop such a setup which is capable of building live maps of the pollution with the help of data gathered from other Flow users in the same city. It can then be used for creating the heat-maps which in turn can be utilized for several other purposes.
When it is the business model we are talking about, the Plume Labs have acted pretty generous in this regard. The company has provided a full-fledged API which is available on the website. Developers from across the globe are welcomed to use the API and to improve the overall usability, functionality and user experience of the user. High-end machine learning algorithms have been used in the making of the model which run several tests on the recorded data and provide with the most accurate and optimal results.
The Plume Labs are yet discreet about the price but the start-up has managed to gather a huge sum of about $4.5 million from several grants.
In a nutshell, if you are living in China or at any other place where you are not being welcomed by the environmental pollution and you want to turn the attention of the government to that specific place, just use the Flow Tracker and everything will get straighten out.
EVERYDAY GADGETS WHICH ARE GIFTS FROM NASA
NASA has developed so many tools and equipment using space technology that help the astronauts who use them as well as the average person on the street. Most of these gadgets have so infiltrated our lives that it is hard to believe that they were a part of space technology initially.
NASA might not be behind the lens which was initially invented for vision correction purposes but it very well helped develop the plastic lens which is so commonly used in the eyeglasses today. This plastic is not only safe to be used on earth but in space as well as it doesnâ€™t shatter into small sharp pieces.
The solar plants that we see today making use of the energy of the sun were initially created by NASA to help them fly aircraft for longer period of time in space. The invention later trickled down to become a part of our daily life. Today solar power plants are used to not only generate electricity but to drive cars as well.
Nutritional compound in Infant formula milk
Almost 85% of the nutritional value which is found in infant formula milk is based on the research which was carried out by NASA on the benefits of algae. It helped them discover sources of energy which were later used to develop infant formula milk. The compound helps with the development of eyes and brain in humans.
LEDs are such a huge part of our lives that it is difficult to see how life would have been without them once. LEDs or Light Emitting Diodes were initially created by NASA to help them grow plants in space without using any power source. The theory behind this space technology is now used to help heal patients in techniques like chemotherapy and radiation.
The water filters we use in our homes were initially designed to help astronauts gain access to clean healthy water in space. Now, the technology is used in millions of households all over the world to make water drinkable.
These are just some of the many ways in which space technology has developed things that are now a major part of our lives. For more details on what is new in space technology, donâ€™t forget to follow our magazine.
TAKING iPHONES TO SPACE
Scientists have long been working to bring on board commercial products to facilitate the astronauts who are currently working on the international space station. The purpose is to make the lives of these scientists much more convenient and homely. Since June 2012, NASA has been working to send consumer edge products up in space for the ease of these astronauts.
Things To Consider
Before NASA decides on the things that can go up in space, there are a few things they usually consider first.
Safety: To make the lives of these astronauts easier, the gadgets that are taken up in space should be safe to travel across the orbits. Obviously.
Low mass: It ensures that they are easy to handle and are not a burden to carry. And oh, it will cost less as well.
Usage: The gadgets that go up in space should serve a purpose. Gadgets should help scientists with their missions and projects.
Why take iPhones up in space?
The whole idea was initiated to help NASA cut its costs that were to be invested in designing other mini computerized gadgets that could travel in space to help with missions. Using iPhone and the products of the same family, allowed them to save money while fulfilling their missions too. After a two-year long certification program, iPhones could pass the NASA certification needed to declare them safe for space travel. The reasons below were considered:
- Their batteries are secure and are not made of materials that would make them explode or leak in the pressures and heat of the outer space.
- The phones didnâ€™t give off any toxic fumes when treated with certain solvents or environment.
- When broken, the glass of the phone would not shatter into dangerously small pieces to cut or harm the scientists there.
After clearing these and many other safety aspects, NASA gave iPhones a clearance certificate. Can you think of any other gadget which could be used up in space?
Exciting Reasons to Buy Huawei’s High-End V9 Smartphone
Last year the tech giant Huawei, revealed their plans and told the world that they aimed to overtake big smartphone companies Apple and Samsung. Recently, they have launched Honor V9 which is a high-end smartphone with exciting features. Huawei, the smartphone company that is planning to release artificial intelligence powered phone by 2020 says V9 smartphone has many features which distinguishes it from its peers. For instance, Huawei claims that the V9 is the only smart phone which can do 3D modeling from a photo into a printout.
Appealing Reasons to Buy It
The catchy features of V9 appeal to several customers. Like Google, Sony, and LG smartphones, V9 is also equipped with Nougat operating system which is a much advanced, faster, and efficient Android OS. A 12-megapixel camera and 2-megapixel photo tracker are comparable with Google pixel and iPhone 7 cameras due to the presence of DSLR stand alone.Â Some experts are terming it a copy of iPhone 7 as V9 has come up with a lot of amazing specs while the thin metal chassis resembles with iPhone 7.
Huawei Honor Specifications
- 6 GHz Kirin 960 chip has two quad-core clusters while 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage provides enough space for hybrid dual â€“SIM slot. It supports 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE networks.
- Large 5.7â€ QHD display lets you play games and watch movies with a clear screen and great comfort. LTPS LCD technology ensures bright colors and powerful display. 12 MP camera has face detection and auto focus features while 4k video recording facility doesn’t let you miss any important moment. Secondary cameras have 8MP power.
- You can connect it with hotspot, Bluetooth, WiFi direct, dual band, and USB-C. The big connectivity options provide you great comfort the use of smartphone and you can share images and videos with your friends and family.
- 4000 mAh long lasting battery gives you peace of mind and doesn’t need to charge again and again. The high-quality battery doesnâ€™t explode and has no technical defects like Samsung smartphones.
- The price of V9 with all these splendid features is available the cost of $377 which is a reasonable price when you see appealing features.
Low price and high-quality smartphones stand out Huawei from other expensive companies like Apple and Samsung. Unlike the other Chinese companies, Huawei has light weight smartphones and equivalent features to renowned smartphone companies.
Have you ever used Huawei ? Are you going for the V9 ? What are your reasons ? Lets get talking.
- Food2 years ago
Are You On A Weight Loss Plan? Here’s The Best Fish To Eat
- Food2 years ago
Dieting : The Most Popular Diet Myths
- Food2 years ago
Video : How To Make A Vegetable Burger
- Food1 year ago
Video : How To Make A Mexican Dip For Feasts
- Food1 year ago
The best foods to blast belly fat
- Personal2 years ago
30 and Broke: How to Start all Over Again
- Travel12 months ago
Great tips that can help you enjoy holiday travel
- Food10 months ago
Beginner tips for transitioning into a vegan diet